Thursday, January 05, 2006

Dr. Mookan BPT MS MBA

This was the closest someone from the Star Gang got to becoming a medical doctor. So although mookan is not a doctor technically, I took it on me and awarded him a honorary Dr. title. The next closest was Lawyer's short stint at Veterinary College before the Loyola college and Madras Law College which ended his search for the right degree.

This happened when Mookan was in the fifth year of his four year BPT degree course. For those of you who didn't know MBBS was a five year course. Our mookan did BPT for five years. Such was his ambition to become a doctor. I invited Mookan as a Doctor to have a look at my mom who had for sometime been complaining of acute leg pain. Mookan with his Aravind Swamy look obliged and quickly asked her to place the right leg on the teapoi and started investigating the areas of pain. He gently knocked on my mom's leg asking "Inga valikidha... inga valikidha" till he zeroed in on the right spot. He applied some pressure as my mom shouted in pain. Mookan got up.
I was anxiously waiting for Mookan's review of the situation thats when he shook his head as if to say "Engalaaala aana ellathiyum naanga pannitom. Inimeltu kadavul dhan kapathanum". But instead he patted my shoulders and said "Oru nalla Doctor ta kaatu". My mom laughed so much that her pain vanished.
Mookan is the best physiotherapist and laughter is the best medicine.
Now Mookan is in reckoning to become the next PT for the Indian Cricket team after John Gloster.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mayil.......

12:32 AM  
Blogger Anand said...

goog one...munna bhai mbbs'a vida namma mookan bhai MBBS better....

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home